Founded in 1970, Holmes Corporation (HC) develops and delivers exceptional educational products to serve individuals worldwide seeking professional credentials and certifications. We strive to elevate entire professions by building long-term partnerships with leading associations to grow demand and achievement of their certification programs through the creation and distribution of premium quality learning systems.
Our expertise includes instructional design, marketing, channel management, production and distribution. No other organization can provide HC’s combination of a single-source integrated business solution, sole focus on the association marketplace, decades of experience, commitment to continuous quality improvement, and proven track record of driving results.
All told, HC has helped more than 2 million professionals in 200 countries advance their careers through credential preparation.
HC QUICK FACTS
- HC was founded in 1970 with headquarters located in Eagan, MN.
- We have more than 50 years of experience developing and delivering exceptional educational products to serve individuals seeking professional certifications and credentials.
- We partner with the nation’s leading professional membership associations to market and distribute products worldwide to enhance their profession while growing revenue, membership and certification success.
- We are an industry leader and have helped more than 2 million business professionals prepare and earn globally-recognized credentials.
- We partner with over 700 colleges, universities, and global training providers, ensuring that professionals around the world have access to both local and online instructor-led courses.
- We supply globally relevant training to candidates in 200 countries.
- Holmes Corporation was awarded the President’s “E” Award for Exports in 2013. In 2017, we were one of only three organizations nationwide to be awarded the “E Star” Award for sustained commitment to increasing U.S. Exports. And in 2021, we were awarded a second consecutive “E Star” award. HC is only the second organization in the 60-year history of the “E” Awards program to have received this honor twice.
At Holmes Corporation, our mantra is Work, Play, Give. We are committed to corporate excellence in our products and services, while recognizing the importance of maintaining work/life balance and team spirit, and supporting our local and global communities.
More than 60% of HC employees have been with the company for more than 10 years. Why? It’s a great place to work for so many reasons!
HC’s top priority is the health and wellness of its employees and their families. In addition to a full suite of traditional employee benefits HC’s corporate wellness program offers activities to support careers, lives, and health of employees such as:
- Flexible work environment
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Health and wellness programming
- On-site exercise equipment and facilities
- Weekly yoga classes
- Treadmill workstations
- Standing desks
- Healthy food options
- Local produce co-op memberships
Our supportive, family-oriented culture allows staff the flexibility to work remotely as needed, and is reflected in the outpouring of support such as child care and meal delivery when individuals or families are facing life challenges.
HC leaders and staff are committed to organizing unique and fun annual events that reflect our corporate spirit such as:
- Dog days
- Company family picnic
- Employee appreciation days
- Off-site company retreats
- Holiday party
Our “Giving Back” program represents our continued focus on corporate citizenship efforts and on supporting our local and international communities. The scope of volunteer and fundraising efforts is impressive given our size! Highlights include:
- Sanneh Foundation community center revitalization
- Kids Can Give gift donations
- Women’s Advocate program
- Second Harvest Heartland donations for food and meals
- American Red Cross blood donations
- Feed My Starving Children food packaging
- Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery food preparation
- Habitat for Humanity building events
- Special Olympics athlete escorts
- AMammadu fundraising for Namibian children
- Boys & Girls Club Spring Thaw event
- Ronald McDonald House, provided snacks, pantry items, household supplies, and notes of encouragement
- Donations to Polar Plunge, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Children’s Cancer Research Fund, United Way, No Dog Left Behind
- HC also supports the causes that are important to individual employees by providing monetary donations and volunteer time